Hillary Clinton says she used private email account out of 'convenience'

Spencer Platt via Getty Images

WASHINGTON -- Hillary Clinton on Tuesday addressed her exclusive use of a private email system while she was secretary of state, saying she had opted for "convenience."

"I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two. Looking back, it would have been better if I'd simply used a second account and carried a second phone," Clinton said. "I thought using one device would be simpler, and obviously, it hasn't worked out that way."

Read the whole story

Follow HuffPost on Facebook and Twitter

Know something we don't?

Email us at breakingnews@huffingtonpost.com

770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William at 2600 Degrees