North Sumatra Coffee Heaven - From Sipirok to Parapat


NORTH SUMATRA COFFEE HEAVEN

July 2013, I travelled from Padang to Samosir (Toba). Upon entering the North Sumatra province, I could see green coffee plantations, and even more along the way from Sipirok to Parapat ... that was a coffee heaven !

At Parapat, by the ferry terminal crossing to Samosir, there is a market where you can buy Sidikalang coffee. If you don't speak Bahasa Indonesia, and want to buy coffe there, just ask "kopi asli Sumatra" (original Sumatra coffee), and the old lady selling groceries and vegetables there will tell you, "Sidikalang !" ... buy a kilo or two ... I bought 500gr for IDR 25,000.- (cheap !!!) ... that was mighty delicious ... traditionally roasted ... beats Starbuck's ... HORAS !!!


View Larger Map


NORTH SUMATRA COFFEE PLANTATION (From Sipirok to Parapat)


When I took this photo, the coffee trees were grown by someone's house ... and as I neared the trees to take a better picture ... suddenly a dog barked from below the trees ... scared the h*** out of me





A complete story of Padang - Mentawai - Padang - Samosir journey will be posted soon at my other blog, INFINITI ADVENTURES OFFICIAL BLOG. Check-out if interested to travel there, I am a travel agent as well :) OR contact me by email: info@infiniti-adventures.com.